Just like Instagram, Youtube has also expanded its content by delivering short 60-second videos. Similar to TikTok and Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts also allows the user to watch short, crisp, and entertaining videos along with other normal YouTube videos.
And just like other YouTube videos, some users love to download their favorite YouTube shorts videos to share stories with their loved ones on various social media platforms. So here, I am in front of you to provide you four different ways to download youtube shorts videos.
How to download youtube shorts videos
1. Download Your Own YouTube Shorts
The first way is for those who own a YouTube channel and want to download their own uploaded YouTube shorts videos. This can easily be done by going to YouTube Creator Studio on your PC. Here’s how to do it:
- Open a browser, go to YouTube, and log in to your YouTube account.
- Click on your YouTube logo on the top right corner and go to the YouTube Studio option.
- Now from the list on the left, click on Content. This will bring you to all the videos and YouTube shorts you’ve uploaded.
- Navigate to the video you want to download. Hobber the cursor over the video, click and select the three dots download the option.
- Your selected video will start downloading.
2. Download someone else’s YouTube shorts
YouTube allows users to download other YouTube videos and YouTube shorts for offline viewing. But if you think that you will be able to save videos offline in your smartphone’s memory then it is not possible. Even though videos will be available for offline viewing, they will only be able to open within the YouTube app. If you’re ok with that then here’s how to do it:
- Open the YouTube app, locate the YouTube shorts you want to download and tap on the channel name in the bottom left.
- Now you will be able to see all the shorts uploaded on that channel. Tap on the channel name again and then go to the Videos tab.
- Locate the desired YouTube short video, click on the three dots and select Download Video J the option.
There is also an alternate way of doing the same thing. This is how it goes:
- Tap the music icon in the lower right corner of the YouTube Shorts video.
- Then tap the arrow next to the title of the video. This will open the shorts video like a normal YouTube video.
- Just click on the download button under YouTube Shorts Videos.
YouTube shorts downloaded through the first and second methods can only be accessed and played within the YouTube app. To play the downloaded videos go to the Library option from the bottom right corner in the YouTube app and tap on Downloads.
3. Download YouTube Shorts Using Online Downloaders
If you want to download YouTube shorts to save them as mp4 video files on your smartphone then you can use any available online tool to download them. The same method can be used to download normal YouTube videos as well.
Many online tools allow you to download a YouTube video by simply pasting a link to that video. It also provides the facility to download videos in different resolutions. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the YouTube app Go to the desired YouTube shorts video you want to download and copy its link by tapping on the share button just above the music icon.
- Open any online youtube video or youtube short downloading website. for example i am using
https://shortsnoob.com/Here. There are many other websites such as:
- Now paste the copied YouTube Shorts link into the available space and tap Search.
- The website will then greet you with a list of different downloadable resolutions, followed by a download button on each video format.
- Tap on the download button of your desired format or resolution and the video will start downloading.
4. Download YouTube Shorts Using an App
If you’re a frequent YouTube shorts downloader and find using an online website a bit busy there are also some open-source apps you can use to do the same on your phone. It will provide you lots of facilities to download YouTube short videos again and again.
For this tutorial, I am using the NewPipe app for Android and you can use that as well. There are other apps like tube friend, Vidmate, etc. The process to download YouTube shorts from these apps will be similar. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install NewPipe APK by allowing you to install apps from unknown sources.
- Now tap on the search button on the top right corner of the app and paste the link of the YouTube short video that you want to download and press enter.
- The app will load the video through the pasted link. Once loaded click on the download button, select various parameters based on your convenience and finally select OK to download the YouTube shorts video.
So these were the four different ones that you can use to download your favorite YouTube shorts videos. When you’re not connected to the Internet, there are two ways you can save YouTube short videos within the YouTube app for offline viewing.
However, many users prefer to download and save YouTube short videos to their phones instead of simply making them play offline in the YouTube app. And for them, two more ways are using which you can save YouTube shorts videos on your phone and share them anywhere.
I hope this how-to guide was helpful to you. If so you can leave a positive comment including your questions and suggestions in the comment section below. Hope to see you next time.
Thanks for reading this post (How to download YouTube Shorts videos [4 working methods]). Please comment in the comment box if any information in the information given in this post is wrong or missing.
If you have any doubts or questions about “How to download YouTube Shorts videos [4 working methods]”, please comment in the comment box.