Qualcomm has recently launched one of its best processors. Which is Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G processor. Qualcomm has installed a lot of great features in this processor. With the help of which we get very good performance. So today we will know about the specifications of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G processor.
This is Qualcomm’s 800 series processor. Which Qualcomm has recently officially launched. This one is a 5G processor. That is, we get 5G support in this processor. With the help of which we get very good download and upload speed in our smartphones.
If it is said that how powerful this processor is, then Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 888 processor was very good in itself. But in this processor, we get better performance than that. With the help of which we can do all our work easily. Information about all the features of this processor is given below.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G Processor Features/Specifications
If we talk about its launch, then Qualcomm had officially made the Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) processor on 29, June 2021.
CPU & CPU Clock Speed in Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G Processor
The tri-cluster architecture has been installed in the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G processor. In which the big little approach of 1+3+4 has been applied. That is, different cores have been installed in this processor for different tasks. Whose information is given below?
- In this processor, the first 1X core has been installed for high-performance tasks. In which KRYO 680 Prime CPU has been installed. Which is based on ARM Cortex X1. With the help of which the clock speed of 3.0 GHz is available here.
- In this processor, the next 3X cores have been installed for low-performance tasks. In which KRYO 680 Gold CPU has been installed. Which is based on ARM CORTEX A78. With the help of which the clock speed of 2.42 GHz is available here.
- Here the next 4X cores have been deployed for efficiency tasks. In which KRYO 680 Silver CPU has been installed. Which is based on ARM CORTEX A55. With the help of which we get the clock speed of 1.8 GHz here.
CPU Fabrication Process
If we talk about the CPU Fabrication Process, then this processor is built on a 5nm (Nanometer) Fabrication process. That is, this processor will heat very less and at the same time, its battery will also last for a long time.
CPU Architecture & Core
This processor is a 64-bit octa-core processor. That is, 8 cores have been installed in this processor for task distribution and multi-tasking.
Graphing Processing Unit (GPU) in Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G Processor
If we talk about GPU in this processor, then QUALCOMM ADRENO 660 GPU has been installed here. Which is made on the 5nm EUV fabrication process. The frequency of this GPU is 850 MHz. With the help of this GPU, we get very good performance in gaming.
This processor supports different types of RAM. which are the following
- This processor supports Quad Channel LPDDR5 RAM. Whose RAM frequency is 3200 MHz.
- This processor supports Quad Channel LPDDR4X RAM. Whose RAM frequency is 2133 MHz.
- This processor can support maximum RAM of up to 16GB.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G processor supports EMMC 5.1, UFS 2.1, UFS 2.2, UFS 3.0, and UFS 3.1 for all types of storage.
Camera Supporting in Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G Processor
This processor supports different cameras. With the help of which we do not have any problem in taking very good photos on our smartphones. These cameras are as follows.
- Triple ISP support is available in this processor. That is, this processor can support three cameras simultaneously.
- This processor can support three cameras of 28 + 28 + 28 MP simultaneously. In which MFNR ZSL is also supported.
- This processor can support two cameras of 64 + 64 MP simultaneously. In which MFNR ZSL is also supported.
- This processor can support a single camera of up to 84 MP. Here also the support of MFNR ZSL is available.
- This processor can support a single camera with a maximum of 200 MP.
Video Capture Resolution
This processor supports very good video recording. which is the following.
- In the Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G processor, we get support for 8K video recording at 30FPS. Whose pixel size is 4320P.
- This processor has support for 4K video recording at 120FPS. Whose pixel size is 2160P.
- This processor supports 1080P video recording at 240FPS.
- This processor supports 720P video recording, at 960FPS.
- In this processor, we also get support for making slo-mo video recordings.
This processor supports two different types of displays. which is the following.
- This processor supports a 4K display. A refresh rate of 60Hz is available on this display. The resolution of this display is 2160 × 3840 pixels.
- This processor also supports QHD + display. Whose resolution are 1440 × 3360 pixels? The refresh rate of 144 HZ is available on this display.
Qualcomm Snapdragon X60 5G Modem has been installed in this processor. With the help of which we also get the support of 5G in our smartphones. With the help of this modem, we get a Download Speed of 7.5 Gbps and Uploads Speed of 3.0 Gbps.
Antutu Scores of Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G Processor
The ANTUTU score of the Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) processor has not been launched officially yet. But its ANTUTU score will be around 7,50,000 only.
Geekbench Scores of Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G Processor
This processor comes in single and multi-core. Whose Geekbench scores are also different. The Geekbench scores of this processor have not yet been launched officially.
- The Geekbench score of this processor in single-core will be around 1,150.
- The Geekbench Score of this processor in multi-core will be around 3,800.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G Processor Full Specifications
|CPU Clock Speed||Up to 3.0 GHz|
|CPU Cores||Qualcomm Kryo 680 CPU|
Qualcomm Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engine
|AIE GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 660 GPU|
|AIE CPU||Qualcomm Kryo 680 CPU|
|Hexagon Processor||Qualcomm Hexagon 780 Processor; 2nd gen Qualcomm Sensing Hub, Large shared AI memory, Qualcomm Hexagon Vector eXtensions (HVX), Qualcomm Hexagon Scalar Accelerator, Qualcomm Hexagon Voice Assistant Accelerator, Qualcomm Hexagon Tensor Accelerator|
|Modem Name||Qualcomm Snapdragon X60 5G Modem-RF System|
|Peak Download Speed||Up to 7.5 Gbps|
|Peak Upload Speed||Up to 3.0 Gbps|
|Performance Enhancement Technologies||Qualcomm Smart Transmit technology, Qualcomm Wideband Envelope Tracking, Qualcomm AI-Enhanced Signal Boost adaptive antenna tuning, Qualcomm 5G Power Save|
|5G Spectrum||Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS), mmWave, sub-6 GHz|
|5G mmWave specs||800 MHz bandwidth, 8 carriers, 2×2 MIMO|
|5G sub-6 GHz specs||200 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO|
|Multi-SIM features||Global 5G multi-SIM|
|Cellular Technology||5G NR, HSPA, WCDMA, LTE including CBRS support, TD-SCDMA, CDMA 1x, EV-DO, GSM/EDGE|
|Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Connectivity System||Qualcomm Fast Connect 6900|
|Wi-Fi Standards||Wi-Fi 6E, Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi 5, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11n|
|Wi-Fi Spectral Bands||2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, 6 GHz|
|Qualcomm Wi-Fi 6-ready technology features||MU-MIMO (Uplink and Downlink), Dual-band simultaneous (DBS) (ready), OFDMA (Uplink and Downlink), 160 MHz channel support, WPA3 security support, 6 GHz operation (Wi-Fi 6E), 4K QAM, 8×8 sounding|
|Bluetooth Audio||LE Audio Features, Snapdragon Sound technology suite|
|Bluetooth Version||Bluetooth 5.2|
|Near Field Communications||Supported|
|Satellite Systems Support||Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, Dual-frequency GNSS, NavIC, NavIC enabled, GPS, GNSS, QZSS, SBAS|
|USB Version||USB 3.1, USB-C|
|Image Signal Processor||Qualcomm Spectra 580 image signal processor, Triple 14-bit CV-ISPs, Hardware accelerator for computer vision (CV-ISP)|
|Triple Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps||UP to 28 MP|
|Dual Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps||Up to 64 MP|
|Single Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps||Up to 84 MP|
|Single Camera||Up to 200 MP|
|Slow Motion Video Capture||720p @ 480 FPS|
|Camera Features||10-bit HDR HEIF photo capture, Multi-frame Noise Reduction (MFNR), Real-time object classification, Low light photography architecture|
|Slow Motion Video Capture||720p @ 960 FPS|
|Video Capture Formats||Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, HEVC|
|Video Capture Features||4K HDR with Computational HDR video capture, 8K video capture at 30fps, Up to 10-bit color depth video capture|
|Codec Support||Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP8, VP9|
|Video Software||Rec. 2020 color gamut video capture|
|Max On-Device Display||4K @ 60 Hz, QHD+ @ 144 Hz|
|Max External Display||4K @ 60 Hz|
|HDR||HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision, HDR10|
|Color Depth||Up to 10-bit|
|Color Gamut||Rec 2020|
|Qualcomm Aqstic technology||Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec up to Qualcomm WCD9385, Qualcomm Aqstic smart speaker amplifier up to Qualcomm WSA8835, Qualcomm Aqstic audio technology|
|GPU Name||Qualcomm Adreno 660 GPU|
|GPU Video Playback||Volumetric VR video playback, 8K 360 VR video playback|
|API Support||OpenCL 2.0 FP, Vulkan 1.1, DirectX 12, OpenGL ES 3.2|
|Qualcomm Quick Charge Technology Support||Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology, Qualcomm Quick Charge AI|
|Fingerprint Sensor||Qualcomm 3D Sonic, Qualcomm 3D Sonic Max|
|Secure Processing Unit||Biometric Authentication (Fingerprint, Iris, Voice, Face)|
|Memory Speed||3200MHz, 2133MHz|
|Memory Type||4x16bit, LPDDR5, LPDDR4X|
|Process Node and Technology||5nm|
Now if the conclusion of this processor is drawn, then all the same features are available in this processor which we used to get in Snapdragon 888 processor. But here Qualcomm has optimized all these so well that we get 20% better performance in Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) processor than Snapdragon 888 processor. Also, the support of default 5G is available in this processor.
Thanks for reading this post (Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G Processor Features. How powerful it is?). If any information in the information given in this post is wrong or missing, please comment in the comment box.
If you have any doubts or questions about “Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ (Plus) 5G Processor Features. How powerful it is?”, please comment in the comment box.